They are hungry for evidence of student learning and use that evidence to inform and improve their practice. The success of the PLC concept depends not on the merits of the concept itself, but on the most important element in the improvement of any school—the commitment and persistence of the educators within it. Skip to Main Content.
Learning Communities in Education: Directions for Professional Development
District Home. Select a School Select a School. Sign In. Search Our Site.
Program Review Volunteering. Shoreline Public Schools Professional Development. Professional Learning Communities.
Ideas from the Field
In PLCs, educators demonstrate their commitment to helping all students learn by working collaboratively to address the following critical questions: What do we want students to learn? How will we know if they have learned?
What systematic process is in place to provide additional time and support for student wo are experiencing difficulty? What will we do if they already know it?
- The Supercontinuum Laser Source.
- SA-119. Введение в UNIX на основе ОС Solaris 9.
- Related Articles.
- M.N. Roy: Radical Humanist: Selected Writings.
Schools improve when teachers are given the time and support to work together to clarify essential student learning, develop common assessments for learning, analyze evidence of student learning, and use that evidence to learn from one another. Focus on Results PLCs measure their effectiveness on the basis of results rather than intentions. All programs, policies, and practices are continually assessed on the basis of their impact on student learning.
- Safe Transfer and Retrieval: The Practical Approach, Second Edition?
- ' + msg + '!
- On this page.
- From Caligari to Hitler: A Psychological History of the German Film (Princeton Classic Editions).
Planning for your PLC. Establishing the PLC. Managing the PLC.
The Professional Learning Community: Facilitating “Teacher Thinking” to Solve Classroom Problems
Troubleshooting the PLC. Professional learning communities are the joining of Professionalism and Community.
- Reading Roman Declamation: The Declamations Ascribed to Quintilian!
- Forensic Science: Fundamentals and Investigations 2012 Update.
- Legislative Learning: The 104th Republican Freshmen in the House (Politics and Policy in American Institutions).
- Professional Learning Communities: The Key to Improved Teaching and Learning?
- iOS 9 Programming Fundamentals with Swift: Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa Basics?
- Blog | All Things PLC | Powered by Solution Tree.
- Adaptive Multimedia Retrieval: First International Workshop, AMR 2003, Hamburg, Germany, September 15-16, 2003, Revised Selected and Invited Papers?
It brings the specialized knowledge and focus of professionalism to the caring, responsibility and support within a group or a community. Through the process of inquiry learners form a shared network to resolve issues. The advantages of forming community practices is the increase of knowledge shared in the collaboration process.